For ease of understanding the various policies are spread across several tabs.
- Privacy & Cookies
Please read them carefully as by using the site you are agreeing to the terms and conditions. If you don’t agree to them – don’t use the site!
Privacy / Cookies
TimHeeley.com 25 Lilac Close Keyworth NOTTINGHAM NG12 5DN You may also email DDIT admin.
The contents of the site are protected by copyright and trademark law, and are the property of their owners. All information on the site is copyrighted by Tim Heeley. Unless otherwise stated, you may access and use the information and materials on the site for your personal use. You may not change, modify, delete, display, transmit, adapt, exploit, or copy for distribution or sale any information, material, trademark, or copyright on the site. You must obtain written permission from us or any other entity who owns intellectual property on the site before you may publish, distribute, display, or commercially exploit any material from the site. By using the site, you agree to abide by all copyright notices or other posted restrictions.
We welcome your comments on the site after articles and in the community. However, we will not review or consider any unsolicited creative submissions or suggestions for topics on our blog, or other media. We hope you will understand that this policy is intended to avoid the possibility of future misunderstandings in the event that ideas developed by our staff might seem to be similar to the ideas submitted to us. So, please don’t send us any unsolicited submissions.
The information, services, products, claims, topics, and materials on our Sites are provided “as is” and without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied. We disclaim all warranties, expressed or implied, including but not limited to implied effectiveness of the ideas or strategies listed on this site as well as those that are provided in our products.
Neither we nor any of our respective licensors or suppliers warrant that any functions contained in the site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the site or the server that makes them available are free of viruses or other harmful components. Neither we nor any of our respective licensors or suppliers warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the services, products, information or materials in this site in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise. You (and not we or any of our respective licensors or suppliers) assume the entire cost of all necessary servicing, repair or correction to your system. Applicable law may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusion may not apply to you.
We do not endorse, warrant or guarantee any writers, speakers, products or services offered on the site or those we link to. We are not a party to, and do not monitor, any transaction between users and third-party providers of products or services.
Limitation of Liability
Under no circumstances, including but not limited to negligence, will we or any of our licensors or suppliers be liable for any special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the materials or information on the site, or any products or services provided pursuant to the site, even if advised of the possibility of such damages. Applicable law may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability or incidental or consequential damages (including but not limited to lost data), so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. In no event shall the total liability to you by us or any of our licensors or suppliers for all damages, losses, and causes of action (whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) exceed the amount paid by you to us, if any, for accessing the site. Under no circumstances will we be held responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage that is caused or alleged to have been caused to you in connection with your use of any advice, goods or services you receive from a guest speaker on our Sites or at one of our events.
No Professional Advice
The information contained in or made available through the site cannot replace or substitute for the services of trained professionals in any field, including, but not limited to, financial, medical, psychological, or legal matters. In particular, you should regularly consult a doctor in all matters relating to physical or mental health, particularly concerning any symptoms that may require diagnosis or medical attention. We and our licensors or suppliers make no representations or warranties concerning any treatment, action, or application of medication or preparation by any person following the information offered or provided within or through the site. Neither we nor our partners, or any of their affiliates, will be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, special, exemplary or other damages that may result, including but not limited to economic loss, injury, illness or death.
You alone are responsible and accountable for your decisions, actions and results in life, and by your use of the site, you agree not to attempt to hold us liable for any such decisions, actions or results, at any time, under any circumstance.
All products and services by our company are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing on this site is a promise or guarantee of results or future earnings, and we do not offer any legal, medical, tax or other professional advice. Making decisions based on any information presented
Under no circumstances will we be held responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage that is caused or alleged to have been caused to you in connection with your use of any advice, goods or services you receive from a guest speaker on our Sites or at one of our events.
The Sites are not directed to children under the age of 13 and we will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. We strongly recommend that parents participate in their children’s exploration of the internet and any online services and use their browser’s parental controls to limit the areas of the internet to which their children have access. We may, at our discretion, require users under 18 to obtain the consent of a parent or guardian to view certain content, and we may limit access to certain content to users above a specified age. You agree to abide by any such restrictions, and not to help anyone avoid these restrictions.
The aim of this site is to encourage and energise your relationship with Jesus. It's a place to come and share encouragement, lessons and inspiration.
Here are a few simple ground rules to keep our conversation going. By posting on this site, after articles or in the Community area, you agree to the following:
1. You'll need to register to the site before making a comment.
2. By posting you’re also telling us that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content you have posted and that the public posting and use of such content by us will not infringe the rights of any third party. Additionally, you warrant that any “moral rights” in posted materials have been waived. You are not entitled to any compensation for any materials you may post on the Sites.
3. You may post follow-up questions and comments. If you have a question, chances are you are not alone. Others may well be thinking similarly. Therefore, we'd rather receive your comments after articles or in the Community zone. It's a better use of time to address everyone at once rather than answer several similar emails.
4. You may disagree with us. We welcome debate. However, we ask that if you disagree with us - or anyone else, for that matter - do so in a way that is respectful.
5. We are not responsible for material appearing after articles or in the Community, except for material signed by one of our identified representatives. We reserve the right to delete your comments on the site. We don’t have an obligation to publish your comments. Specifically, we will delete your comments if you post something that is, in our sole opinion, (a) sharply critical; (b) off-topic; (c) libellous, defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, profane, pornographic, offensive, false, misleading, or which otherwise violates or encourages others to violate my sense of decorum and civility or any law, including intellectual property laws; or (d) 'spam,' i.e., an attempt to advertise, solicit, or otherwise promote goods and services. You may, however, post a link to your site or your most recent blog post.
6. You retain ownership of your comments. We do not own them and we expressly disclaim any and all liability that may result from them. By commenting on the site, you agree that you retain all ownership rights in what you post here and that you will relieve us from any and all liability that may result from those postings.
7. You grant us a license to post your comments. This license is worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, and royalty-free. You grant us the right to store, use, transmit, display, publish, reproduce, and distribute your comments in any format, including but not limited to a blog, in a book, a video, or presentation.
In short, our goal is to host interesting conversations with caring, honest, and respectful people. We believe this simple comments policy will facilitate this.
Please note that if you give out personal information online through a posting, that information can be collected and used by third parties. Although we strive to protect our users’ privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of information you post in this way. You disclose such information at your own risk.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and security and have explained in detail the steps we take to do so. We control this site from the United Kingdom. We do not represent that materials on the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Persons who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative, and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
We will collect personal identification information from you only if you voluntarily submit such information to us. We will also tell you how we use your information or if we share it with another party. Except as otherwise provided in this policy, we will never intentionally disclose any personal identification information about you as an individual user to any third party without having received your permission.
If you supply us with your contact information you may receive periodic e-mailings from us with information on new products and services, important issues, or upcoming events. If you wish to be removed from any or all subscription lists please let us know by e-mailing us. You can also write to us at our contact address. Please provide us with your exact name, e-mail address, mailing address, and phone. We will be sure your name is removed from the appropriate lists immediately.
Further, the information you enter when making a purchase or an online donation will be shared with payment processors, financial gateways, and your credit card company to authorize credit card payments. Such information may also be shared with necessary third parties solely for the purpose or carrying out the transactions. Please note that if you give out personal information online through a posting, that information can be collected and used by third parties. Although we strive to protect our users’ privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of information you post in this way. You disclose such information at your own risk.
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you'd expect
- Make our website work as you'd expect
- Save you having to login every time you visit the site
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Offer you free services/content (thanks to advertising)
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below
More about our Cookies
Website Function Cookies
Our own cookies
- Making our shopping basket and checkout work
- Determining if you are logged in or not
- Remembering your search settings
- Remembering if you have accepted our terms and conditions
- Allowing you to add comments to our site
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Third party functions
Social Website Cookies
So you can easily “Like” or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our site.
Cookies are set by:
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Anonymous Visitor Statistics Cookies
Cookies are widely used in online advertising. Neither us, advertisers or our advertising partners can gain personally identifiable information from these cookies. We only work with advertising partners who work to accepted privacy standards such as http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/iab-good-practice-principles You can learn more about online advertising at http://www.youronlinechoices.com . You can opt-out of almost all advertising cookies at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices although we would prefer that you didn't as ultimately adverts help keep much of the internet free. It is also worth noting that opting out of advertising cookies will not mean you won't see adverts, just simply that they won't be tailored to you any longer.
We fund our site by showing adverts as you browse our site. These adverts are usually managed by a partner specialising in providing adverts for multiple sites. Invariably these partners place cookies to collect anonymous data about the websites you visits so they can personalise the adverts to you, ensure that you don't see the same adverts too frequently and ultimately report to advertisers on which adverts are working. Our partnersinclude:
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (Learn how here). Doingso however will likely limit the functionality of our's and a large proportion of the world's websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites It may be that your concerns around cookies relate to so called "spyware". Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive. Learn more about managing cookies with antispyware software. The cookie information text on this site was derived from content provided by Attacat Internet Marketing http://www.attacat.co.uk/, a marketing agency based in Edinburgh. If you need similar information for your own website you can use their free cookie audit tool.
We are committed to making this site accessible to all. It’s been developed to serve the largest possible audience, using the broadest range of systems and to consider any needs that users with disabilities might have. It is being improved to ensure that it meets the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines issued by the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI). These guidelines are the globally used and accepted standard for website accessibility, by both the corporate and public sector.
While we’re working on the technical aspects there are things you can do to help your enjoyment of the site - here’s a link to Better Web Browsing: Tips for Customizing Your Computer / https://www.w3.org/WAI/users/browsing.html
If you experience any problems with our pages, please contact us and we will try to provide you with the information you need. Please let us know which page (including the page address/URL) you experienced problems with, and if you have any suggestions for how we could improve this page.